Who’d have thought I’d get tagged for this barely three months into my blogging journey, but Bibliomavens are a couple of good uns’ and I am ever so thankful 🙂 Seriously, go check out their blog, they do really great book reviews, books to TV discussions and most importantly, upcoming books-to-watch out for lists!
So here’s my answers to their questions:
- What has been your most disappointing read ever?
Oh I could list a few in here, but if there’s THAT ONE then it’s The Danish Girl. The movie was excellent and I really really love Eddie Redmayne, and the premise of the book itself is great, but David Ebershoff spends so much time ‘scene setting’ and ‘mood building’ that I really lost interest in the plot after a point.
2. What book would you love to see adapted into a TV show or movie?
I am a strong supporter of ‘Books are better than movies / TV shows’ haaa! But there’s a few screen adaptations that I have loved (Lord of The Rings, The Witcher, Haunting of Hill House). If there’s a book I’d like to see adapted to the screen, it would be ‘The Humans’ by Matt Haig. I think it would go better as a mini-series rather than a movie, but I’d like to think either ways, with the right kind of execution, it would be a delight to watch!
3. If you could flee 2020 into any fictional world, where would you go?
Hobbiton in the Shire! Please take me there!
4. What artist/song do you currently have on repeat?
Alan Walker and the tracks are Faded and Play 🙂
5. What 2021 book release are you most excited for?
Well it would be unfair for me to list the 2021 ARC’s I have already read so I am going with the ARCs I wish I had received – Lore by Alexandra Bracken (Greek Gods, Mythology and Revenge – what more do you need?). The second is First Person Singular by Haruki Murakami.
6. What is your new year’s resolution for 2021?
Oh I have a very simple one for the coming year and it is ‘To read everyday’. It seems easy but it can actually be so hard.
7. What kind of book hero/heroine would you be?
I think I’d most definitely be Arya from Game of Thrones, or Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice 🙂
Here are the rules for this tag:
- Have the link to the creator’s original award post.
- Answer the questions provided.
- Create 7 unique questions.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers. Neither the award’s creator nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
- At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
- Which fictional character did you have a hopeless crush on?
- If there is one book you’d recommend to someone who’s looking to ‘get into the habit of reading’ which book would that be?
- Which book did you pick up expecting it to be disappointing and it ended up being an amazing read?
- Do you judge a book by its cover?
- Is there a book-to-screen adaption where you felt the Movie / TV Show was better than the book?
- What is one non-bookish hobby of yours?
- What is one book-inspired real life location you’d love to visit?
No pressure at all to take part in the tag, however if you do, I’d love to see your answers 🙂
I am nominating
Alex @ Mybookworld24
Mini @ Book & Corner
Siena @ Booksophobia
Aileen @ Get Lost With Me
Amrit @ Bookigai
Savanna @ Book On a Feeling
Naty @ Naty’s Bookshelf
Priyasha @ Books and Co.
Rukky @ Eternity Books
Katie @ Never Not Reading